Poděbrady is an old-time historic town situated in the fertile valley of
the Labe River only 50 kilometres from Prague. This spa resort was founded as
far back as the 17th century. The relatively low altitude (189 metres above sea
level), surrounding plain landscape, stable weather for the whole year and
mineral springs are all features that guarantee the fame of this spa resort for
patients suffering from cardio-vascular diseases. The idyllic countryside of
Poděbrady attracts the sanatorium’s patients as well as hiking or cycling
lovers. Moreover, thanks to its strategic location, the Poděbrady spa is a
perfect place to hold a conference or a congress.
Natural healing resources
Natural strongly mineralized water (pH 5.83) of a bicarbonate-chloride-sodium-calcium type, cold (14°C), hypotonic with an increased content of alkalis and concentration of some elements.
- circulatory system diseases,
- cardiovascular diseases.
- endocrine, nutritional and metabolic diseases,
- neurological diseases and musculoskeletal diseases.
GENERAL CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR SPA TREATMENT
- acute neuralgia and radiculopathy
- acute inflammation
- application to the gonads , chest , neck and head
- febrile states
- cardiovascular disease
- metal implants
- the risk of bleeding - menstruation , bleeding tissue , peptic ulcers
- patients undergoing X-ray therapy
- disturbed sensation
- disturbances of consciousness and mental disorders
- severe peripheral arterial perfusion
- hrombophlebitis and thrombosis