The Teplice Spa is the oldest spa in Central
Europe with an almost two thousand year old tradition. It is located in North
Bohemia at the foothills of the Ore Mountains. The beginning of the history of
this small town is linked with the curative springs that were already known two
thousand years ago. This fact can be easily evidenced by the archaeological
findings of Roman coins in Pravřídlo and the findings of Celtic coins and
jewels in Obří pramen by Duchcov from the beginning of our new calendar (AD). In
the 18th and 19th centuries, Teplice used to be called Little Paris or the
Salon of Europe, visited by many eminent individuals, such as Tsar Peter I, the
Swedish King Gustav IV, the Prussian King Bedřich Vilém III, then Ludwig van
Beethoven, Johann Wolfgang Goethe, Richard Wagner, Frederick Chopin and Franz
Liszt. Nowadays, the Teplice Spa is a top-class spa resort with a comprehensive
range of diagnostic and therapeutic possibilities as well as catering and
accommodation services of a high quality level.
Natural healing resources
Teplice Spa is situated over springs of unique
bicarbonate-sulphate-sodium thermal water rich in minerals and an admixture of
radon. In the form of baths and other kinds of hydrotherapy, Teplice springs
achieve unique therapeutic results.
INDICATION OF THE TEPLICE SPA TREATMENT
- Musculoskeletal system diseases:inflammatory and degenerative disorders of the musculoskeletal system, vertebrogenic syndromes, disorders of muscles, ligaments, and fascia, conditions after injuries and surgeries of the musculoskeletal system, congenital orthopedic disorders, scoliosis, and juvenile chronic arthritis
- Vascular diseases: peripheral vascular diseases, conditions after phlebitis and chronic lymphoedema, conditions after vascular surgeries, occupational vasoneurosis, grade I to III hypertensive disease, and diabetes-related circulatory disorders.
- Nervous system diseases: conditions after a stroke, spine and brain surgeries, multiple sclerosis, congenital cerebral palsy, poliomyelitis, locomotor disorders due to inflammation in the brain and spinal cord, muscle diseases, and diabetes-related nervous system disorders.
GENERAL CONTRAINDICATIONS FOR SPA TREATMENT
- severe infectious diseases
- acute diseases
- clinical signs of circulatory collapse
- malignant arrhythmia
- conditions after deep vein thrombosis and thrombophlebitis
- unstable and decompensated diabetes mellitus
- recurrent profuse bleeding
- malignant tumors
- untreated epilepsy, psychoses and mental disorders
- patient's inability to care for themselves,
- incontinency (except for Nové lázně)
- non-healing skin lesions
- hypertension with diastolic pressure over 16 kPa (±120 mm Hg).